Circle of Security Parenting™ Programme
Feeling lost about what your child needs? Wondering if you are doing the right things to help them grow? Parenting can feel like such a daunting task sometimes. You are not alone if you have ever felt lost or had doubts about what you are doing as a parent.
Now, imagine if you had an easy to understand framework built on decades of research that could help you to:
- Understand your child’s emotional world by learning to read their emotional needs
- Support your child’s ability to successfully manage emotions
- Enhance the development of your child’s self esteem
- Honour the innate wisdom and desire for your child to be secure
Find out more about the Circle of Security Parenting™ (COSP) programme is built on over fifty years of research on early child development and attachment theory.
About the Circle of Security Parenting™ Programme
The Circle of Security Parenting™ (COSP) programme is an 8 week parenting programme that helps to foster secure parent-child relationships. Research has shown that having a secure attachment is critical to a child’s current and future well-being.
Children with a secure attachment have been found to:
- Enjoy more happiness with their parents
- Turn to their parents for help when they are in trouble
- Solve problems on their own
- Get along better with friends
- Build lasting friendships
- Have higher self-esteem
- Trust the people they love
- Know how to be kind to those around them
Circle of Security Parenting™ Programme Details
The Circle of Security Parenting™ (COSP) programme will be conducted by our Principal Counsellor, Ms Sophia Goh. Sophia is a Registered Circle of Security Parenting™ Facilitator and a parent of one. She adopts a respectful parenting approach.
The programme will be a closed group of 4 to 6 participants, and run for 8 weeks, meeting weekly for 1.5 hours. At the end of the programme, all participants will receive a manual and a Certificate of Attendance.
Raising a Secure Child by Bert Powell, Glen Cooper, and Kent Hoffman